Dates for academic withdrawal

When is the academic withdrawal date?

Answer ID 798 | Last updated on 29/08/2022 02.03 PM

The Academic Withdrawal Date is the last date to withdraw from a unit without academic penalty.

Withdraw by this date to avoid an   'FN' grade.  Failure due to Non-completion of a unit) on your academic record. An FN grade is equivalent to a mark of 'zero' and does affect your Grade Point Average (GPA) and Weighted Average Mark (WAM ).

If you withdraw by the Academic Withdrawal Date you will receive a WD (Withdrawn without academic penalty), which will appear on your formal Academic Record.

Note: you cannot make changes to your enrolment online on studentConnect after the Census Date for your unit/s. After the Census Date you must request a manual 'Change of Enrolment' form from your Student Advising Office or Student Administration.

For more information on the important dates for your units, including the Academic Withdrawal Date, please see the Teaching periods, census and withdrawal dates published on the Current Students website.

Was this answer helpful?