The census date explained
The Census Date is the last date to:
- Finalise any up-front tuition fee payments for your Student Contribution or apply for a HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP Loan;
- Withdraw from units in the relevant semester/teaching period to avoid incurring a debt;
- Withdraw from units for a particular teaching period online via studentConnect;
- Withdraw from units for a particular teaching period without paying for the unit/s;
- Make payment for your units for a particular teaching period;
If you are an International Student, your tuition fees for the semester are based on your unit enrolment as at the first day of semester. If you subsequently enrol in more units, you will be invoiced accordingly. If you officially withdraw from units by the Census Date, any tuition fees that have been paid will be held in credit towards the next semester's fees (students who commenced their course prior to 2010, please contact the International Student Support team by selecting "Email Us").
Non-Standard Teaching Periods
The Census Date and Academic Withdrawal Date will normally vary for non-standard teaching periods. Login to studentConnect to view your enrolment and check if any of your units are taught in non-standard periods. Make sure you familiarise yourself with the published Teaching Periods, Census and Withdrawal dates for your unit/s.