Non-payment of student contribution or tuition fees

What happens if I don't pay my student contribution or tuition fees on time?

You must pay your student contribution or tuition fees by the due date on your Statement of Account. Failure to do so will result in a late payment fee. Ultimately your enrolment will be cancelled in those units that require payment by the census date. You can view your outstanding balance, your due dates and your unit(s) census date via studentConnect  under the "Finance" option.

Commonwealth Supported Students
If you are a domestic student in a Commonwealth Supported Place and your student contribution remains unpaid after the unit's census date for the relevant teaching period, and if deferral of payment via HECS-HELP is not an option for you, you will have your unit(s) enrolment cancelled. Remember, you must pay all compulsory or voluntary payments for tuition fees by the relevant census date. No payments will be accepted after this date.

Domestic Fee-Paying Students
If you are a Domestic Fee Paying student, who has not deferred payment via FEE-HELP and your fees remain unpaid past the census date, your enrolment will be cancelled.

International Students (studying in Australia)
If you are an International Student, the tuition fees are due on the first day of the teaching period. Non-payment will result in a late payment fee and an encumbrance being placed on your record. The encumbrance will block you from obtaining formal academic transcripts, re-enrolling and graduating. This encumbrance will be lifted when the overdue fees are paid. However, non-payment can result in the cancellation of your Student Visa. You must contact Student Central if you are experiencing difficulties paying your tuition fees.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.