- Be enrolled in a fee-paying place in an eligible course;
- Be enrolled in all units you are requesting FEE-HELP for by the census date;
- Submit a 'Request for FEE-HELP' assistance form before the census date for your unit (you can normally complete the form as part of your online enrolment on studentConnect or select Commonwealth Assistance form in the Finance menu); and
- Ensure that your FEE-HELP balance is sufficient to cover the cost of each of your enrolled units.
Determining your eligibility for FEE-HELP
Am I eligible for FEE-HELP?
You are eligible for FEE-HELP if you are:
- An Australian citizen and will study at least part of your course in Australia;
- A New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency requirements and who will undertake at least one unit towards your course in Australia;
- A permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be a resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; or
- A permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of your study;
AND you must also:
You will need to provide your Tax File Number (TFN) on your FEE-HELP form.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.