Availability of help on campus if you have a disability

Is there help on campus for me if I have a disability?

Answer ID 352 | Last updated on 15/12/2022 03.14 PM

UniAccess - UWA’s Disability Office can assist you if you have a short term or ongoing disability and/or medical condition, which affects your study. The Accessibility Advisors at UniAccess are experienced in assisting students with a broad range of medical, learning, mental health, mobility and sensory conditions as well as those providing care to somebody with a disability during their studies. 

UniAccess is a confidential service that can provide advice and support to assist you with practical adjustments to make study more manageable. Depending on your needs, UniAccess can offer other services including; modifications to enable physical access, ergonomic equipment and accessible technology, course materials in alterative formats, alternative exam arrangements and other academic adjustments, for example.

The UniAccess Office is located in Student Wellbeing on Level 1 of Student Central.

You can book online to meet with an Accessibility Advisor to discuss your support needs:

If you are unable to book an appointment via the appointment booking page or if you have any general questions, you are welcome to contact us on email at, uniAccess@uwa.edu.au or via our call back line which is regularly monitored throughout the day (+61 8) 6488 4630.

Was this answer helpful?