Current CoE and visa expiry

My student visa is due to expire, but I still have a current Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE); do I need to complete a Request to Extend Course application?

Answer ID 2653 | Last updated on 27/06/2022 10.25 AM

If your current Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will cover you for the remainder of your course then you don't need a new CoE. 

However, if you need more time to complete your course than is allowed on your current CoE, you will need to complete a Request to Extend Course and CoE Application.

Note: you must have a valid CoE and visa to study in Australia. If your CoE has expired or you have any questions about whether you need a new CoE, please contact Student Administration or your Student Advising Office for help.

More information on how to get a new CoE and submit it to Department of Home Affairs can be found here.

Was this answer helpful?